RLH Bus Information Centre

Fleet List

RLH 14

This RLH is owned by the Nittany Valley Antique Machinery Association based at Penn's Cave, Centre Hall, Pennsylvania, USA.

The bus is used for trips around 100 acre show ground on the following show days each year:

1. the weekend following memorial day (May 30th). E.g. in 2002, June 1-2nd
2. the weekend following Labor Day (the first Monday in September). E.g. in 2002, September 4-7th.

Photo

June 2017

Penn's Cave show grounds.

Photo © C. Woodland

Photo

June 2017

Penn's Cave show grounds.

Upstairs interior view, showing roof vents only fitted to first batch RLHs

Photo © C. Woodland

September 2012: bus pictured at Penn's Cave show on Flickr

Photo

September 2007

Penn's Cave show grounds.

The exhaust was extended up to the roof line between the 2004 and 2005 season. The rear licence plate reads 31EA.

Photo © B. Martin

Photo

October 2005

Penn's Cave show grounds

Note the near side blind display, a remnant of the bus' previous use at Penn State Uni.

Photo by, and used with permission of, Brian Coney

Photo

2001 or before

Penn's Cave show grounds

Used for tours on the Penn State University campus

Used as a Lesney staff bus in 1971-2.

RLH 14 was the only RLH to be allocated to just a single garage. It left Weymann body builders at Addlestone in June, 1950... only to be allocated to Addlestone garage for its complete working life! Withdrawal came on 31st July, 1970.

UK registration number: KYY 514

Return to top of page

Return to Fleet List